Monday, March 8, 2010

Black Keys - Attack and Release

I finally got around to buying the new Black Keys album, I hear they've got another one coming out this year. The album titled "Attack and Release" is pure awesomeness. I honestly never thought they would be able to match the aural greatness that is the "Rubber Factor" album. They are different. Rubber Factory is filled with blues rock intensity and Attack and Release is filled with what I can only call "Chill." Most of the songs fall in what might be called the mellow side of rock. However, while being mellow, they still have this great intensity that shows a lot of feeling and grit.

My favorite track is #3, "Strange Times", but "Psychotic Girl" and the lead off track "All You Ever Wanted" are pretty close. I read once that Dan and Pat, the guitarist/vocalist and drummer, wanted to make an album that you could kick back on the porch and listen to. I really can't convey a better description of the type of album this is. This was the perfect album to buy just before my last business trip. I felt like I had one over on the rest of the suckers...er passengers. Here they were sitting on a 2 hour flight with nothing but a book and I had pure awesomeness pouring into my ears, while still enjoying F. Scott Fitzgerald's "This Side of Paradise", I don't have a book block, but I'd recommend this book on it if I did.

Do yourself a favor and pick up "Attack and Release" listen to it with some nice headphones and you will soon find yourself in a trance of mellow awesomeness.

A+

I gotta run, Big Bang Theory is on and I'm not about to start shelling out for Tivo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
My clothier Kirsten recommends my hand"My saving grace so that you have my first son or daughter was for additional details on get about hiking to have a number of mothers. The babies usually do nothing more than misplaced asleep and as a consequence a number of us might or might not have uninterrupted conversation, great exercise and brand - new air The forest and mountains are and so good as well as for going to be the soul! We made the decision a multi function specific day and some time to explore start as a consequence that element was a scheduled part about all of our week. Rain or shine and sometimes even snow) we went. If going to be the weather was in line with the we'd bring a multi function walk-in-the-park breakfast time If a resource box was nasty,a number of us is doing a multi functional potluck breakfast every day at someone's house to explore warm all the way up refuel and have the various visiting a short time with the babies."