Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Alarm Clock Music

Random post, but it is about music. I have my alarm clock set to play the radio when I wake up. After 20 years of hearing that stupid buzz buzz buzz...I can't take it anymore. I had originally set my alarm clock to play Golden Slumbers by The Beatles because it starts out with a nice mellow piano. It was nice to wake up to but two problems developed: My wife got very tired of it and I started to dislike the song. So, I opted for the radio, I figured this would provide a variety and I wouldn't get tired of any particular song. I don't recall what radio station I had originally chosen but it's long since been changed by my children. Since my kids are normal kids they mess with anything that has buttons and dials so I've given up on changing the station so something I like. I believe it's set to some sort of adult contemporary crap right now and for some reason my kids haven't changed it in months. I know as soon as I pick a decent radio station they'll mess with it.

This brings me to this morning. I don't keep the radio volume very loud because I still don't like to be jarred awake. Because of this I'm often asleep deeply enough that the songs don't wake me up, the infuse themselves into my dream. This morning, I don't recall what I was dreaming but I was aware of the Shania Twain song "Feel Like a Woman"(at least I think that's the title) that was playing and for some reason the goings on in my dream required that I listen to the entire song instead of hitting snooze or turning it off. The song ended and I came to my senses wondering why I put myself through that. I shrugged it off and got in the shower. I bet Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, would produce some really trippy dreams.

1 comment:

dastew said...

Just be careful that you don't wake up to the Doors because I imagine that would lead to a homicide. Pink Floyd on the other hand would probably just cause you to have a case of morning munchies.